Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stamp Your Own Dress


Confession, I am a little head over heels in love with stamping. I don't know how long this love will last, but I've noticed myself wanting to stamp anything and everything in my sight! Recently I've stamped a pair of skinnies.  (You can read about them over here!) O shares some stamping fun here! Today I will share with you, my dear friends, a little red thrifted dress and stamped polka dots!
Allow me to start out with the fact that red is my most favorite color.  Polka dots are my true love as well.  My heart has ALWAYS loved polka dots.  Imagine how happy I was when I found this little dress for only $5 at our good ol' thrift store.


Last week, my husband and I decided to hit up a local Goodwill. He was hoping to find some furniture to refurbish, while I was secretly hoping to find a cute pair of shoes or a purse.  Without a lot of hope I whizzed through some clothes and stumbled upon this dress.  Yes, it's WAY too short for my liking, but as you can see, a pair of leggings solves this problem.  Thank you, problem-solving-leggings, I appreciate you, guys!
If you want to join in the fun and stamp something, here is what I used to stamp this dress.
1. Fabric paint (I used black)  2. Paint brush.  3. Cardboard and scissors/Exacto knife. 4. A template of a circle aka polka dot.  5. Some tape  6. Anything you want to stamp! ;)


I taped a piece of cardboard to the back of my polka dot and applied paint.  Then I started stamping all over the dress.  I highly recommend placing a big piece of cardboard on the inside of the dress so the paint doesn't leak through and for easier stamping!



Usually I love the imperfect stamp effect, but for this dress I wanted my polka dots to be more vivid. 


So I filled them in with more paint using a paint brush.  I'll admit, this took a LOT longer than I thought it would.  Plus I had to wait about 4 hours for the paint to dry.  Then I stamped and painted polka dots on the back side of the dress.  (Read the instructions on your bottle for drying time.) 



I styled my dress with a tank, leggings, a gold necklace (a gift from my mom, she wore it when she was my age and she gifted it to me a few years ago, it's so special!) and my DIY glittery sandals!  A simple yet fun outfit, don't you think?  Hubs and I grabbed some ice cream at Chick-Fil-A that evening!  What a beautiful day, filled with so many of my favorite things!  What's your favorite place to get ice cream?  Do you love polka dots like this girl over here does?! CRAZY. Hope you all had a blessed day!  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Wednesday, M.

6 comments:

  1. I see you have been up to some crafty business. You are crazy about polka-dots! You always were :) They look is so cutesy and the look works well ! Great job ! -O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means a lot to get your "approval" Mrs. Artsy Fartsy! ;) The dress is simple and so me! I think my love for polka dots will ever fade! :) <3 M

      Delete
  2. Nice! Great done creating a funny and chic little dress from a simple and flat one!! Beautiful post! Im from MEXICO and I think your blog is amazing!! I would be so happy if your could check out mine and say what you think?! http://www.thestyletographer.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kindness! Yes, I will definitely check out your blog! Happy to have you here! ;) -m

      Delete
  3. What a cute outfit!! The polka dots add so much to this dress. You're so creative! Also, your shoes are amazing and the glitter adds so much personality to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Makes me so happy! You're too sweet! -m

      Delete

Sweet Comments