Monday, April 22, 2013

Make Your Own: Photo Book


The husband and I take delight in sitting in our living room, sipping tea and flipping through photo albums. Chuckling at some silly memories and wishing to go back in time. Looking at ourselves and thinking "Wow, is it really us?" (And we've only been together for four years, married three this May!) I am excited to see how many more memories we will create over many more years to come (Lord willing!). Every day holds something special when you're with your special man. Doesn't it? I am feeling so thankful!
Today I want to share a simple photo book that I've made for my mister in just a few evenings.  I escaped my daily life by sitting on the floor of my "craft" room and working on this little project.  It's a small book, but it took me a couple of evenings to complete - Mod Podge takes forever to dry!  (Ahh!)
Here is what you'll need if you decide to make one for yourself or for your loved one!
1.  Pictures, pretty paper, stickers, magazines, newspaper, whatever your desire to use in this [photo] book! 2. Mod Podge 3. Scissors/Exacto knife.  4. Chipboard journal (I got mine at Michaels) or any other journal/notebook.  5.  Something to tie the journal with or use rings.  6.  Pencil in some craft time in your busy schedule and have fun with it! 


I ended up not using the rings and used only one hole, it's a lot easier to flip through the book this way!  I used a little bit of twine to tie my book and extremely happy that I did.  Twine and chipboard is a beautiful combination in my eyes! 


I love how Mod Podge seals the photos and keeps them protected and secure.


May 15th was a special, special day!  We said our "I do's" and lived happily for 3 years this May!



 

Hubby and Momo love the photo book! :) I picked two main colors: orange and red.  I dig those colors!  Lately I've been falling in love with orange more and more.  I love the metal camera I got for $2 at Michael's.  It's pretty fitting for the photo journal, don't you think? ;) 
Do you love to make mini scrapbooks?  I shared here another option for displaying your pretty photos around your home.  I'll share more options [real] soon! Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you all good folks will have a happy Monday!  -M.


4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I admit, I don't really scrapbook but I am always amazed at what others create with what I would probably throw away. The vintage camera is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute way to do this. I really to do some kind of project with my pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! You totally should, I'd love to see what you make! ;) Mika

      Delete

Sweet Comments