Friday, April 12, 2013

One Year

It feels like it was just yesterday that we sat staring at the computer screen searching for that perfect house for us. Searching for what seemed liked forever. Praying. Searching some more. Meeting with the realtor.  Getting the loan.  All the paper work.  Everything SO worth it in the end! Today marks one year since we've became homeowners and moved to the beautiful town of Staunton, VA.  We are grateful to God for His blessings and protection.  It was a fun year exploring the town, making the house a home and enjoying our life.  Today my husband and I are reflecting on the year passed and celebrating with shrimp Pad Thai in the comfort of our own home!  (Yum, I love dinners at home with my man!) This year has taught us a lot!  It taught us to love more, to give more, to enjoy more and most importantly to trust God more.  Trust God in His perfect timing. He knows what's best for each of His children. I wanted to pop in and share a few photos that we've snapped with an iPhone over the year that mean so much to us.



On Thursday, April 12, 2012 I held the keys to our home!!!  That was an incredible feeling!!! 


Staunton has a lot of character, that's why it was so easy to fall in love with this town!





 We welcomed Momo to our home a month later. 


Thank you, Oksana.  Momo takes a special place in our hearts and in our home! 


I thank God for my husband and for this chapter in our life!  (Picture taken by Oksana Levshin next to The American Hotel in Staunton, VA.  Summer 2012.)

Thank you for letting me share these fun and so very special memories! 
I hope you all are having a wonderful Friday!  I have been enjoying this weather a whole lot!  Bird chirping weather is my favorite kind!  Much blessings, Mika. 





4 comments:

  1. Its been a year, wow! Your home is beautiful and inviting :) More wonderful memories will be made with the coming years! -O

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous! My husband and I are on the hunt. Can't wait to be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get there in no time! Trust me! ;) -M

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments