Saturday, April 20, 2013

Magazine Collage

There is something so nostalgic about collages. I remember when O and I would sit on the floor for hours flipping through stacks of magazines, choosing photos and words that stood out to us, and make wall collages.
I needed something unique to keep some of my sparkly things in. My rings needed a little small space that was designed just for them. I whipped up this small project in just about half an hour.
I found a plate that's been sitting somewhere in the kitchen and not being used. Brought out a stack of magazines and cut out a bunch of color, hearts and circles. Used Mod Podge to adhere the cut outs to my plate and sealed it with triple thick glaze. I let it dry overnight and in the morning I had myself a pretty decorative plate ready to use. (I wouldn't use it for food, just an FYI.) It now sits on my night stand. I didn't want to spend a lot of time on this, so I didn't cut out a lot of shapes, but I can definitely see some polka dot action going on, letters, triangles, patterns, meaningful words or whatever your little heart desires!
O suggested to use newspaper! I think I will do that next! :) Pages from an old book also sound great to me :)
What do you think about collages? Thanks for letting me share my lil project!
xox, m.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Comments