Thursday, April 25, 2013

Glitter Therapy: DIY Plate


Do you ever have one of those days when you need a little bit of glitter therapy?  Here is a little project I did a few weeks back and I want to share it with you, friends!  It's magical how glitter can brighten up the mood!  The steps are very similar to my Magazine Collage plate.  The only thing that's different about this DIY is, well,  glitter!  :)  In my magazine collage plate I simply used cut out pictures from a magazine.  Here I covered the plate with Mod Podge and a ton of glitter.  Then I used Triple Thick glaze to seal the glitter so it will never fall off, and you may use this plate for your rings or other accessories! :)  I gifted mine to a dear friend that loves sparkly things.  I do believe it made her happy. 






Do you love glitter?  It's kind of growing on me... ever since I've made myself some snazzy glittery sandals my heart started to accept a little bit of glitter here and there.  After making this plate and my glittery shoes, I'll admit there were a few other things that I "glitterfied."  My 11 year old niece and I covered a notebook (using the same steps) with glitter.  She was thrilled about that. 


As always, thank you for reading!  Happy Thursday!  Mika.

2 comments:

Sweet Comments